Asian Coleslaw with Crispy Noodle
A wonderful salad to take to a picnic, serve as part of a BBQ or have as a packed lunch. It is essentially a coleslaw with an Asian twist. I hope food snobs don’t judge my use of instant noodles as an ingredient. The noodle element is merely a quick cook pasta and if you choose your brand wisely (read the label) they will not contain any additives or hydrogenated fats. You don’t use the MSG filled sachet of seasoning. When I bought mine, the cheapest on the shelf was the healthiest, in terms of containing no additives or preservatives. Don’t let price dictate your choice, do read the labels instead.
- 150g thinly sliced cabbage
- 150g thinly sliced carrots
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 x 65g packets 2 minute noodles, broken up and toasted
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- In a jar mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Just before you are ready to serve the salad, mix all the ingredients together.
A great picnic salad or potluck dish.
If you are travelling to friends, keep all the elements of the salad separate and assemble when you are ready to serve.