Beef in Oyster Sauce
This recipe for Beef in Oyster Sauce is quick, easy and great for a midweek or weekend takeaway style dinner. I often add Prawn Crackers and a few spring rolls and the family feels like they have had a treat takeaway dinner.
We tried this recipe over cauliflower rice, which seems like a strange combination to have Chinese style food over cauliflower rice, but it worked really well together.
- oil to fry
- 350g beef fillet tail, sliced into strips of thin slices
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 chilli, finely chopped or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornflour diluted in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- Optional Vegetables:
- 2 pak choi steamed
- To serve
- Cooked Long Grain Rice
- or Cooked Cauliflower Rice
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, add and fry the onions and peppers (and any other vegetables you like) until softened, but still crunchy, remove from the frying pan and set aside.
- Add a little oil to the pan and add the beef and cook until brown.
- Mix in the sauce ingredients and stir until the cornflour has thickened and the sauce coats the meat.
- Add the onions and peppers back and stir until they are coated in the sauce.
- Serve over your choice of rice and vegetables.