Raw Broccoli Salad
This is such a delicious salad and when you read the recipe you may think to yourself, who eats raw broccoli! Trust me when a friend brought this to a BBQ it was the first salad bowl to empty on the buffet. The sugar is also unorthodox but is needed to balance the flavours. The onion and celery add a crunch and natural sweetness to the salad and the whole thing is just delicious. Thank you Bridie for introducing me to this lovely salad. If you are having cold meats and salads over the festive season add this to your table, you and your guests will love it.
- 2 small heads or 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons malt vinegar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 sticks of celery finely chopped
- toasted sunflower seeds for garnish
- Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar together
- Cut the broccoli into tiny florets save the white stem for soup
- Add the finely sliced red onion and stick celery and mix
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the broccoli ensuring everything is well coated
- Place the salad into a serving dish and sprinkle the toasted sunflower seeds in top.
When you try this please send me an email or make contact over social media.