Caramelised Oranges in Pimm’s
Caramelised Oranges in Pimm’s is a lovely refreshing and light dessert to end a lunch, BBQ or spicy meal. They are delicious and easy to make with store cupboard ingredients and can straddle many dietary needs.
The flavour of the Pimms is very much in the background and adds a little indistinguishable something.
Usually, caramelised oranges have sugar brought to a caramel stage and then the water is added and the oranges are dipped into the syrup. This is a quick and easy version that is tasty and delicious.
- 125g caster sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Pimm's
- 8 oranges sliced pith and pits removed and sliced or segmented
- 1 chocolate honeycomb bar (Crunchie), crushed
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone into quenelles
- Add the sugar and Pimm's into a small pot that can accommodate the oranges.
- Simmer for 10 minutes till the sugar slightly thickens.
- Lay the orange slices or segments into a lined dish.
- Pour over the syrup cool and refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight.
- Serve with a quenelle of mascarpone cheese.
- Sprinkle the crushed honeycomb bar onto each plate or dessert bowl.
You can also use Grand Marnier or a tot of Gin if you prefer.
Add a scoop of vegan ice cream or coconut yogurt.