Turmeric Latte Paste Recipe
I tried to add Golden Milk (also know as a Turmeric Latte or Turmeric Milk) to my daily routine as everyone did in 2016. My neighbour sourced fresh turmeric, but over time the supply was less than fresh and we stopped making this magical drink. My mom passed on a recipe that is much easier to make, as it rehydrates easily-found ground organic turmeric.
I know that weaving something new into your routine can be difficult, but replacing what you already do with something healthier has been my solution. I have substituted my morning coffee for a daily cup of Golden Milk. You could also add the Golden Milk to your evening routine, it is known to aid with a good night’s sleep.
You can blend a glass in the summertime with chilled milk and crushed ice. Ideally a warm drink helps the body to absorb the turmeric better, but personally and I am not medically trained, I feel it’s better to have a cold Golden Milk, than not to have any at all.
A Quick Refresher On The Benefits Of Adding Turmeric To Your Daily Diet:
Turmeric is known as nature’s anti-inflammatory
It has antioxidant properties
Turmeric helps build your immunity
Also known as nature’s antibiotic
Turmeric has antiviral and antibacterial properties
Gives relief when you are struggling with a cough, cold and sinus problems
A good remedy for digestive problems
Helps detoxify the liver
A natural blood purifier
Good at clearing problem skin
A natural way to help heal headaches
- To make the Golden Milk Paste
- ½ cup cold filtered or mineral water
- ¼ cup ground turmeric (ideally organic)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground (helps the body absorb the turmeric)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- To make the Drink
- 1 cup of milk (milk of your choice: cows, goat, almond, coconut, soya etc)
- 1 teaspoon Golden Milk Paste
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Cinnamon and honey to taste (optional)
- To Make the Paste:
- In a small saucepan mix the water and turmeric together, stirring to combine.
- Over a low heat and stirring constantly, stir the mixture until a thick paste is formed and comes away from the sides of the pot.
- This takes about 5-10 minutes to achieve.
- Remove the pan from the hob and stir in the black pepper and the coconut oil (if using).
- Cool the mixture and bottle in a jar and keep in the fridge.
- To Make An Individual Drink:
- Simmer 1 cup of your milk of choice, with a 1 level teaspoon of Golden Milk Paste and add the grated fresh ginger.
- Stir in the optional cinnamon and honey to taste.
The mixture will keep for months in the refrigerator.