Delicious Vegan Brownie Recipe
This delicious Vegan Brownie recipe is everything you want from a brownie – they are moist, chocolatey, gooey and moreish. The good news is you won’t taste the omission of dairy and eggs. Your vegan and non-vegan friends will love these Delicious Vegan Brownies.
Having a wonderful vegan brownie recipe to serve to friends with coffee or as a dessert is a must and baking something fresh leaves your family or guests feeling very spoilt.
I have served these brownies to vegan cousins as dessert with vegan vanilla ice cream and chocoholic friends with coffee. They have all given them the rubber stamp and no one could taste that they were vegan.
- Boil Together
- 75g Margarine
- 45g Cocoa powder (organic and the best you can afford)
- 75ml Coconut Milk
- 200g Caster Sugar
- Sieved Together:
- 160g Plain White Flour
- 2½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2½ tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 115g Caster Sugar
- Mix Together:
- 170ml Coconut Milk
- 45ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Grease and line a 24cm x 24cm tin.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4.
- Add the 'To Be Boiled' ingredients into a medium saucepan and gently bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve all the ingredients.
- Simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Put the saucepan into a bowl of cold water or over ice and with a wooden spoon or electric beater, beat the sauce until it cools and visibly thickens.
- Set the mixture aside.
- In a large glass bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder, cocoa and stir in the sugar.
- In another bowl or I use the measuring jug, mix the coconut milk, vegetable oil and vanilla essence together.
- Stir the coconut milk ingredients (Mix Together) and the Boil Together cooled ingredients into the flour. Just bringing everything together, do not over mix.
- Place the very runny mixture into the greased and lined tin roughly 24 x 24cm bake for 20- 25 minutes or until the top has a crust and the inside is firm to touch but a little wobbly.
- If you over cook the brownie you are left with a delicious vegan chocolate cake, so there is no downside.
Take the cake out earlier and you will have a moist centre.
If you cook the brownie for a little longer 5 minutes or so you will have a delicious vegan cake.
This recipe can easily be doubled.