If you are looking for a flapjack recipe that you can tweak and add your favourite ingredients to, this is one to try. A fantastic make ahead bake to have breakfast on the run, fill a lunch box or serve with a cup of tea.
I have added cinnamon and almonds to this flapjack recipe it gives it a lovely crunch and depth of flavour. It is an easy recipe to bake with kids, they are lovely served with a cup of tea to friend, packed into a lunch box or as a work or afterschool snack.
Recipe type: Biscuit Recipe
- •140g butter, plus extra for greasing
- •140g light brown soft sugar
- •2 Tablespoons honey
- •1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- •140g raw porridge oats
- •85g desiccated coconut
- •220 g flaked almonds (you can add anything you like crushed cashew nuts, chopped dates, chopped pecans, sunflower seeds)
- •1 Tablespoon plain flour
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Grease and line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan, add the sugar, honey and cinnamon, and stir with a wooden spoon over a low heat for 5-10 mins until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and stir in all the remaining ingredients until well coated in the buttery spice mixture.
- Tip into the tin and press down to an even layer with a spoon or the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- Cool for 5 mins, then mark into squares, with a knife cut ½ way through into your desired shapes – don’t remove from the tin yet as they won’t hold together until they are cold. Will keep in a sealed container for a couple of days.