Cracked Wheat Broccoli and Feta Salad with a Carob Dressing Recipe
Cracked Wheat, Broccoli and Feta Salad with a Carob Dressing is a great salad and healthy addition to your repertoire. A quick refresher of the nutritional benefits of bulgar wheat can be found here: Cracked Wheat, Pilaf, Bulgar Wheat
In winter this salad can be served hot and in the summer if you are looking for healthy salad to accompany a BBQ, this is a delicious, filling addition, served at room temperature. The Cracked Wheat, Broccoli and Feta Salad would also make a wonderful packed lunch and a different Meat Free Monday meal.
- Course bulgar wheat
- Broccoli florets, steamed or boiled
- Red onion, chopped steamed or boiled
- Parsley stalks, finely chopped
- Feta cheese (can be omitted)
- Stock cube
- Ratio for the Carob Dressing:
- 11/2 Tablespoons of Carob Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- No oil needed
- Cook the bulgar wheat according to the instructions on the packet, add the stock cube to the water for flavour.
- Steam or boil the chopped onions and broccoli.
- Mix the carob syrup and the balsamic vinegar together and set aside.
- When everything is cooked, mix the vegetable and the bulgar wheat together.
- Plate up and crumble as much feta as you like on top of each bowl or omit the feta if you prefer.
- Drizzle a little of the carob dressing over each bowl.
Depending on the brand, bulgar wheat doubles in volume when cooked.
If you do not have any carob syrup (it can be found online or in a Greek Food shop) use molasses, treacle or honey instead.
The feta adds a wonderful creaminess to the dish.
For health reasons or if you are serving vegans, you can omit the feta.