Crab and Sweet Corn Soup
Need a speedy delicious soup recipe? Try this.
- 2 spring onions
- ½ handful/ 30g fresh coriander
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tin cream style corn
- 1 tin sweet corn
- 1 tin white crab meat
- 1 stock cube
- 250 ml water
- 400 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons corn flour made into a slurry with water
- Garnish with extra chopped spring onion and soya sauce if desired
- In a food processor blend the spring onion and coriander until it has been finely chopped, or chop finely by hand.
- In a large pot add the spring onion and coriander and dry fry them for a minute to release the flavours.
- Add the tins of cream style corn and sweet corn and the stock cube and water to the pot.
- Boil for 15 minutes so that the vegetables soften and the flavours infuse.
- Just before serving add the milk and cornflour and cook for 5 minutes constantly stirring for the soup to thicken, then add the crab meat.
- Garnish with fresh spring onion if desired and a dash of soya sauce.