Chickpea Halloumi Peppadew Chopped Salad with a Honey Lemon Dressing
This Chickpea, Halloumi, Peppadew Chopped Salad with a Honey Lemon Dressing is delicious and easy to create. Made with store cupboard and vegetable draw ingredients, the salad can morph into a Meat Free Monday dish, added to a BBQ style meal, taken to a Pot Luck or is a delicious healthy lunch box option.
Replacing the halloumi with silken or firm tofu and using golden syrup instead of honey , it makes a delicious vegan meal.
I hope this easy salad will become a favourite.
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 packet of Merchant Gourmet Glorious Grains with Red Rice & Quinoa ( if you can't find this you can use a combination of cooked wheatberries, red rice, freekeh, black barley and quinoa)
- 5 Peppadews, chopped
- 1 block of halloumi, chopped and lightly fried
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 125ml olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Stir all the ingredients together in a Tupperware container with a lid.
- Add the dressing and seal the Tupperware.
- Shake the salad and dressing together gently to allow the dressing to be absorbed into the grains and halloumi cheese.
- After 5 minutes of allowing the salad to sit upside down and right side up tip the contents onto a platter or into a bowl and serve as an accompaniment or a one bowl lunch or dinner.
This salad is great on its own as bowl food.
I served mine with a slice of spinach pie.
In the summer I would add it to my BBQ buffet.
It would be delicious for Meat Free Monday.
Without the halloumi use silken tofu instead and replacing the honey for golden syrup, it make a delicious vegan meal.
I hope you enjoy making this Chickpea, Halloumi, Peppadew, Chopped Salad with a Honey Lemon Dressing, it is so easy and really delicious.