Gochujang Dressing Recipe
Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste) is a very trendy ingredient at the moment. With the rise of Korean food, chefs are adding Korean ingredients into traditional dishes. I thought I would try gochujang in a salad dressing.
I first read about using silken tofu in the ITSU recipe book, which a friend gifted to me. They called it a no-mayo mayonnaise. I loved the idea of the creaminess of mayo without the calories. It is a great option for healthy eating and vegans. I adapted the recipe to make a citrus Korean dressing that would be delicious with an Asian inspired coleslaw or used as a dipping sauce for tempura vegetables.
- 4 Tablespoons Silken Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- ½ Orange, juiced
- ½ teaspoon Gochujang Paste (available from Asian supermarkets or online)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- In a small blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Dress your Asian inspired coleslaw.
- Alternatively place the dressing in small bowls to serve with crudités or tempura vegetables.