Quick No-Cook Pickled Cucumbers
This is a very simple quick no-cook pickle. The refreshing cucumbers coupled with the mild pickled flavour of the Chinese rice wine vinegar and the added kick of the optional chillies makes this Quick Pickled Cucumber hard to resist. This is a great pickle to make when you have a glut of cucumbers in your allotment, looking for a different accompaniment for a BBQ or if you just fancy a healthy something to nibble on. The quick pickled cucumbers can be made and served in 20 minutes or popped into the fridge for a day or two. They are simple yet delicious.
Serving Ideas For The Quick Pickled Cucumbers:
A delicious simple Chinese meal of the pickled cucumbers served over a plain bowl of rice.
The cucumbers can be added to the end of a stir fry to give a little crunch and heat if you have chosen to use the chilli.
Serve them as my friend Majorie does on her BBQ table, everyone loves them and it cuts through the richness of the meat served.
They also work well sitting in the fridge for when you need a healthy snack with a difference.
- 1 English cucumber, de-seeded and cut into long baton shapes +-5cm long pieces
- For the marinade
- 3 Tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese clear rice vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 red chilli chopped or to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and allow to marinade for 20 minutes or over night.