Delicious Classic Potato Salad
I know potatoes are almost ‘old fashioned’ but cold meats and a delicious classic potato salad can’t be beaten, especially over the festive season with leftovers or with BBQ meat.
This recipe is lighter with the addition of thick good quality Greek yoghurt to balance the mayo. Those who know me, know I am not partial to eggs, but in this recipe the egg can’t be tasted and will be missed if omitted.
I made this potato salad for a friends Oktoberfest party, so the amount feeds a crowd, but the recipe can easily be quartered or halved.
If you are hosting vegan friends make an olive oil dressing instead of the mayo dressing adding all the other ingredients, except eggs, it’s delicious.
- 4.5kg baby potatoes quartered and boiled
- 400g Hellmans mayo
- 200ml Fage Greek yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegars
- 10 gherkin slices, diced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 6 eggs boiled and grated
- Two handfuls of parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or German mustard
- 4 spring onions or chopped and soaked in water and salt till ready for assembly, then rinsed to get rid of the salt. This takes out the overpowering flavour.
- Mix, serve and enjoy
Delicious it may be easy to photograph it isn’t!
Enjoy making this delicious classic potato salad.