This simple and easy-to-make flatbread recipe can be made in minutes, using just flour and water.It is a great recipe to make in a hurry when you need bread.
The dough is kneaded for 5 minutes in a machine and cook in a frying pan, it is so simple and delicious.
Delicious filled with roasted vegetables, meat, salad, fried tofu or used with dips.
Used as a base for a quick pizza topped with a jar of homemade tomato sauce and your favourite pizza toppings.
Make a toasted quesadilla sandwich with a difference, add your favourite fillings and toast in a frying pan.
- 300g flour (plain/ cake/all-purpose)
- 100-150ml warm water
- 1 tablespoon flat salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl or food processor with a dough hook, add all the ingredients except the water.
- By hand or in the machine add water slowly kneading as you add to make a soft dough, but not sticky.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll into a 25cm circle and in a frying pan (ideally non stick) add the flatbread and fry on either side until it looks opaque.
- Fill serve and enjoy,