Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
This is the ice cream recipe that will make you look like an amazing hostess. It is quick, easy and requires no churning. The caramel ice cream is delicious and I first learnt to combine condensed milk with double cream to make ice cream at Mount Grace Country House Hotel in South Africa, I did my practical training there and spent time in the pastry kitchen. We used to use 10 litres of cream at a time. So you can easily double the recipe.
- 600ml of double cream
- 1 tin of Nestle Caramel Condensed milk
- Beat together the double cream and caramel for about 4-5 minutes, this depends on the strength of your beater.
- The mixture is ready when the beater leaves tracks and the cream has thickened and doubled in volume.
- Spoon the ice cream into individual freezer containers, mini loaf tins lined with plastic wrap or into ice-cream cartons that you can buy on the internet.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or to be safe, overnight.
The freezing time depends on the star rating of your freezer.
For Salted Caramel Ice Cream:
Grind a little salt over the ice cream when serving, this gives your guest the choice of caramel or salted caramel ice cream.
Happy Ice Cream Making