Quick and Easy Basil Vinaigrette Great with Salads and as a Marinade for a BBQ www.marissa.co
If you love fresh basil, you will enjoy this quick and easy recipe for a homemade basil vinaigrette. The combination of flavours are peppery and fresh.
It is delicious as a salad dressing and can also be used to marinade and baste vegetables and meats that you are preparing for the BBQ or grill.
In summer dress a gorgeous platter of sliced tomatoes and mozzarella, with a drizzle of this easy basil vinaigrette dressing.
I love making a few unusual and homemade salad dressings and having them on the table so that visitors or my family can dress their own salad. Try my easy to make Raspberry Vinaigrette or Peppadew Salad Dressing they are interesting and delicious additions to your table.
In winter this dressing can be stirred through a delicious tray of roasted vegetables or used to make a toasted sandwich a little more exciting.
- ½ cup (125ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 level teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 25g fresh basil leaves
- To Thin:
- Extra water or olive oil
- Put the olive oil, vinegar, water, mustard and salt in a blender.
- Coarsely chop the basil leaves (this prevents the stalks from sticking in the blades).
- Add the basil to the blender and mix all the ingredients on a high-speed until the vinaigrette is smooth.
- If the dressing is too thick add a little water or a splash of olive oil to thin to your desired consistency.
- You can keep the dressing in a sealed glass jar in the fridge for up 3 days, just give it a good shake before serving.
Enjoy making this delicious, quick and easy salad dressing.