Quick Smoked Salmon Pâté
Delicious and ready in minutes.
- 255g/9oz smoked salmon (salmon trimmings work well)
- 110g/4oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (plus some extra chives to sprinkle over the top)
- freshly ground pepper
- Depending how you are going to serve your pate, either in a dish with crackers around, or individual servings prepare your containers. If you are serving as individual starters line individual ramekins with cling wrap.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until it has a consistency that you desire.
- Blend longer for a smoother pate or pulse for a courser pate.
- Add some pepper but not salt as the smoked salmon will already be salty.
- Spoon into containers.
You can also substitute mackerel for salmon, increase the lemon juice to counteract the fishier taste.