How can three ingredients make such a delicious sauce? This is the best satay sauce you can make quickly. I use the Satay Sauce as a dipping sauce for Oriental snacks, I fry up strips of chicken breasts and cover them with the sauce served over rice, or make satay flavoured vegetable stir fry. Why not try any leftover sauce as a hamburger topping, it is delicious. I first tried this combination at Gourmet Burger Kitchen when chef Peter Gordon opened one of his first GBK Restaurants in Putney in early 2000.
- ½ cup stock (1/2 a vegetable stock cube topped up with 125ml boiling water)
- ⅓ cup crunchy peanut butter or cashew butter
- ¼ cup mild sweet chiili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients into a saucepan and stir together, simmer uncovered for 1 minute.
- How easy is that and I promise it is delicious.
If the sauce is too thick add a little more water until you reach the desired consistency.