Tzatziki Cucumber Salad
This is a lovely take on tzatziki the Greek yogurt, cucumber dip and makes for a wonderful side salad for a picnic, BBQ or to serve with any summery meal.
It’s so easy to make the salad, all you need to do is cut a whole cucumber, into batons or discs. Mix the dressing together in a large bowl, you will only need 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon crushed dried mint, 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together and enjoy.
The dressing will be very thick, it is the amalgamation of the yogurt and olive oil and the dressing coats the Tzatziki Cucumber Salad well. I used Total Greek Yogurt which is extra thick, so this may not be the case for the yogurt you are using, either way, coat the cucumbers in the yogurt and enjoy the salad straight away.
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or vegan yogurt (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried mint
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 English cucumber, cut into medium slices or batons
- a splash of milk if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing together add the cucumbers and if the dressing is very thick, add a splash of milk.
- Serve immediately.