Easy Hoisin Sauce for Stir Fry
The sauce is super easy and you may have a bottle of open hoisin sauce that you need to use.
Sometimes using what you have in the fridge makes for a tasty alternative. Adding onions, peppers and green beans to your next stir fry may not be authentic, but it tastes very good. This Easy Hoisin Sauce for Stir Fry always makes for a quick store cupboard meal, using whatever fresh vegetables you have and is delicious with any leftover meat or roasted vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- scant ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger or to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic or to taste
- Add a splash of water if needed
- Mix and add to your favourite stir fry ingredients.
- This sauce will cover 4 egg or rice noodle nests.
- Add a splash of water if the noodles start to stick to the base of the pan, as you are mixing in the sauce.
For vegans use rice noodles.
Enjoy a quick and easy dinner, lunch or packed lunch.