Easy White Chocolate Pot Recipe
A very quick make ahead dessert that adds a little sweet treat to the end of a dinner party, romantic dinner for two (halve the mixture) or family gathering. I made these for friends and asked them to taste and comment on the dessert and give it a name. The feedback was ‘the texture is a little bit like panacotta’, ‘you can really taste the white chocolate’, ‘it tastes like white chocolate mousse’, ‘call it a White Chocolate Pot or White Chocolate Marshmallow Mousse’. When you make them let me know what your thoughts are.
- 150 grams mini marshmallows (white)
- 50 grams butter, chopped
- 250 grams good quality cooking white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 60mls water
- 300mls double cream, whipped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a pot add the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water.
- Gently heat the mixture, stirring constantly to melt and amalgamate everything together.
- White chocolate burns quickly, so keep stirring to the corner of the pot.
- Remove mixture from the hob.
- Stir the chocolate mixture a little to cool the mixture down and add the vanilla extract or paste.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture.
- Now you have choices you can make a bowl full, fill teacups or little espresso cups full. I prefer a little espresso cup. The mixture is very sweet so small individual cups work really well.
- Chill for a few hours, overnight or up to three days in advance.
A wonderful Valentines dessert, you could set the mixture in a heart shaped mould.