We all need make ahead desserts for easy summer entertaining and this is just that dessert. I made the melon granita for a friend after a lazy Sunday steak lunch and it was a perfect, refreshing talking point, made in minutes.
- 1 ripe melon (I used a Galia melon)
- 1 -2 Tablespoons of golden syrup or honey (optional)
- Peel, deseed and chop the melon into cubes.
- Using a blender, food processor or stick blender blend the mixture to a smooth pulp.
- Taste the melon and if needed add 1 Tablespoons of honey or to taste.
- Place the melon into a rectangular 25x18cm plastic container.
- Freeze for 2 hours, then fork through to break up the ice crystals.
- Freeze again and repeat to break the crystals so it looks like crushed ice.
- Serve in shot glasses after a big meal or in martini or wine glasses for a dinner party dessert.
The quantity depends on how you are serving the granita, if you are offering it on spoons you will easily serve 8-10 generous spoons.
As a dessert you can serve 6 generous portions.