Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe
A frozen Strawberry Margarita is a favourite summer cocktail. In a jug, the Frozen Strawberry Margarita is a vibrant fun drink to welcome your guests with. You can pour the cocktails out on demand or have them waiting on a tray, if you have punctual friends, ready for them to reach for a party in a glass.
- 100g crushed ice
- 70ml Tequila
- 30ml Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 2 limes
- 20ml sugar syrup *see not (honey or maple syrup )
- Margarita glasses
- sea salt on a small plate
- 1 blender
- 6 small fresh strawberries hulled or fruit of your choice
- Cut one lime in quarters.
- Take the quarter and slice through just the flesh of the lime in the middle.
- Run the lime around the rim of your glass.
- If you don't want a very salty drink, you can just drip half the glass in salt.
- Dip the glass rim into salt (all the way around or just half way and set aside.
- In your blender add 5 strawberries and all the ingredients and blend.
- Spoon out into the glasses and divide the remaining strawberry as decoration on the side of the glass, by halving the strawberry and cutting a slit in the middle of each and sitting it on the edge of the glass.
Simple syrup is double the quantity of caster sugar to water, stir to dissolve the sugar in the water over heat, allow to thicken slightly, cool and add to a sterilised jar.