White Chocolate Cream
A little cream on the side like this White Chocolate Cream can make something simple seem special. Whipped double cream enhanced with melted white chocolate makes for an indulgent addition to many desserts. In my case, it went alongside my favourite lemon drizzle cake with scatterings of white chocolate chips incorporated into the cake mixture. The dessert seemed more decadent with the peaks of white chocolate cream served on the side. The cake was a variation of the Lemon Drizzle Cake, with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup used as a drizzle and white chocolate chips sprinkled over the sponge just before baking. The cake suited the tastes of a wide age range and group of 12. You could add Irish Cream or your favourite liqueur to the cream too.
- 250ml double cream
- 50g white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 25g grated white chocolate to sprinkle over the top of the bowl
- or white chocolate stars
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a pot of hot water.
- Pour in the cream and the vanilla bean paste, beat till soft peaks or stiffly if you prefer.
- Spoon into a bowl and if using sprinkle the white chocolate over the top of the cream.
If you are microwaving the chocolate watching it so that it doesn't seize.
It is best to microwave the chocolate in short bursts and stir to melt and then microwave and stir again until it has melted.
We had a tablespoon on the side of our cake if your guests are cream lovers double the recipe.
Add a couple of tots of your favourite liqueur to the cream and before beating.