The Best Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich Filling for an Afternoon Tea
It is such a simple mixture of flavours, but the taste will wow you. A perfect addition to your traditional Afternoon Tea sandwich selection.
For the upcoming Orthodox Easter celebrations, this is also a great way to use your cracked dyed eggs.
- 4 soft boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 tablespoons Hellmans mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons chopped waterscress, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a fork gently mash the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the balance of ingredients to the eggs and gently fork the ingredients together.
- Add the mixture to your sandwiches.
Top cucumber slices with a spoonful of the egg mixture for a gluten free canape option.
Make Ahead Idea: Boil the eggs the night before. Keep them in their shells and in the fridge in a sealed container. This will prevent your fridge smelling of sulphur in the morning.